Sample Gown Process // Domestic Brides
Our sample gown process requires a refundable hold on your credit card for the full retail value of the gown/s you are requesting, plus a nonrefundable shipping charge. Once the order has been placed on our website, our team will follow up with you directly to schedule the dates for the sample/s to be loaned. We confirm the size of the sample/s to send, as well as tentatively schedule a Virtual Fitting during the time you will have the sample/s on loan.
We ship out the sample/s every Tuesday to be received on Thursday (UPS 2-Day). Please note that we ship our sample/s with a signature required for delivery, so please provide an address that will have someone close to you sign for the package, or ship to an address that you will be available to sign for it during working hours.
The Tuesday we ship the sample/s you have requested, is the day we charge the 50% refundable deposit to your credit card. The refundable deposit is taken from the hold already placed on your credit card so there is not an additional charge.
The sample/s ship the same day your refundable deposit is charged. You will receive an email notification from our team outlining the shipment details for tracking purposes. On Thursday, when the sample/s are received, we confirm our Virtual Fitting with you for the following day, Friday.
The Virtual Fittings are an amazing way to connect with our team and understand the adjustments available to you for an improved fit. During these calls you are also able to receive answers to any questions you may have.
You are required to return ship the sample/s on Monday using the returns label provided in the original shipment.
Once we receive the sample gown/s back in our showroom, we follow up with you to ask if you would like to proceed with ordering the gown for your wedding, or if you would like to be refunded the 50% deposit. Please note that the only amount that is non-refundable is the shipping charge.
Sample Gown Process // International Brides
We offer the sample gown process internationally, but have some additional points for consideration below:
- All international shipments are shipped via UPS Worldwide Expedited (usually 3-5 shipping days).
- There may be customs tariffs on the delivery of the sample gown/s. Katie May is not responsible for knowing or paying these tariff costs. Customer should research potential tariffs prior to proceeding with ordering a sample.
- Please note that the sample gown process is not available in international countries where bridal boutiques represent the Katie May collection.
Bridal Gown Terms of Purchase and Testing
Payment Terms: Katiemay.com sample gown payment covers both the 50% refundable deposit and the sample gown shipping to/from the customer. Final payment is based off of final invoice, not this web page pricing. Once a sample deposit is made, an estimated invoice will be provided for the entire purchase cost in case customer decides to move forward with the gown. UPS 2-Day shipping used for domestic samples to and from the customer. UPS Ground shipping used for all final gown shipments. Final 50% of payment will be charged prior to the final gown being shipped. The appropriate tax rate will be added to any order for for California customers.
- - Test Samples: Katie May will send customer a sample gown based on the measurements provided to Katie May. Katie May is not responsible for the measurements provided by brides. Sample gown size sent is based off of the measurements provided using our best judgement on estimated fit. Customer has (3) three days to try on before you must ship the return. If samples are damaged or lost, customer is liable for the full price of a new sample. Damage includes stretched out (do not squeeze in if you do not fit), stained or discolored, broken, contains noticeable wear or odors (fragrance or body odor), or any other minor differences than when shipped. Do not let friends try on. Treat this sample as a new dress that needs to be returned in the same shape as purchased or else you will be responsible for a new dress.
- - Final Gown: KATIE MAY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FINAL GOWN AFTER SHIPMENT. Any alterations to the gown are done at your own risk. Katie May will not pay for any alterations to the final gown. No refunds, exchanges, or returns for the final gown. Katie May will do a thorough quality check prior to shipping the final gown. If you notice any problems (not fit related) with the gown upon arrival, you must inform us within 24 hours of receipt of the gown to discuss the problem.
- - Refund Terms: If you decide not to continue with the purchase of the gown, Katie May will refund you for the initial deposit minus the sample shipping and return cost, as long as the sample is returned in satisfactory condition. After final gown order is confirmed, absolutely no refunds of initial deposit. If you decide to not move forward after you have given us confirmation, but prior to shipping the final gown, you will not be charged for the final 50% payment, but your initial 50% deposit is non-refundable.
- - Shipping Terms: All domestic sample shipping is sent via UPS 2nd Day Air, and all international sample shipping is sent via UPS Worldwide Expedited. All shipping is sent “signature-required”. Customer pays all shipping (included in invoice) for both samples and gown. The final gown will be shipped via UPS Ground for domestic brides, and UPS Worldwide Expedited for international brides, unless otherwise requested. We will include a UPS returns label for shipping samples back to Katie May, which must be used so that we can charge for shipping and be aware of 3-day turnaround shipping.