Ursula recommends two treatments to help you achieve that perfect wedding glow:
-Resurfacing treatment meant to give your skin a nice glow
-Cleanses, exfoliates, and hydrates
-Can be tailored to specific skincare needs
2. Illuminize Peel:
*Ursula’s personal favorite*
-Superficial peel that brightens and tightens skin
-Often referred to as “red-carpet” peel
-Recommended for 1-3 days before wedding: immediate results that last for a few days
*Pro Tip: Have a trial peel 1-2 months before your wedding to make sure you know how your skin will react. (This is a mild peel, but everyone’s skin is different, and it would be awful to have peeling skin for your wedding day!)
What can you do at home?
1. Use an exfoliating scrub 1-3 times a week. This clears your skin, helps with cell turnover, lightens dark spots, and minimizes fine lines/wrinkles.
2. Use an SPF on your skin EVERY DAY. The best way to eliminate dark spots, fine lines, and wrinkles is to prevent them!
3. Use a medical-grade retinol cream. This helps with preventing breakouts, and minimizing fine lines/wrinkles.
4. Use an eye cream in the month leading up to the wedding, as well as day-of. This will help eliminate dark circles in your pictures.
5. Keep your skin moisturized. If you tend to breakout, Ursula recommends a moisturizer with hyaluronic acid. If your skin is acne-prone, make sure your moisturizer is non-comedogenic.
*Keeping these tips in mind will help with glowing skin and smooth makeup on your big day!*
Now that the face is covered… Let’s talk about the back.
Since we cannot always see our backs, they can oftentimes be overlooked; however, taking care of the skin on your back is just as important as taking care of the skin on your face (ESPECIALLY if you are in a backless gown!!).
Ursula collaborated with her husband (whose plastic surgery practice she works with) to create a Clear Back HydraFacial. She says many brides-to-be come to her with breakouts on their backs, which can be amplified by an increase in their workout schedules, or just from the stress involved in planning a wedding. The Clear Back HydraFacial contains a mild peel that exfoliates and resurfaces the skin, helps clear up acne, and lightens sun spots - all good things for when you want to show off your back!
What can you do at home?
*Pro Tip: Loofa towels work great for scrubbing your back, and help you reach all areas on your back.
2. Using acne treatment pads also work amazingly for clearing back acne. These are meant for use on clean skin, and exfoliate and medicate the back area.
3. Keep your back moisturized with a non-comedogenic lotion. This is especially important if you plan on getting a spray tan - we know you don’t want any streaks!
4. Use an SPF whenever your back is exposed to the sun. This will prevent weird tan lines and dark spots - two things that you do not want to have if your back is exposed for your wedding.
Ursula and her hubby, Dr. John Diaz,
on their wedding day
**Have an idea for a future blog post? We want to hear it!! Please respond in the comments for all the bride-to-be questions you want answered!**