Bridal Gown Sample Fitting and Purchase Procedure
1. Order gown(s) you are interested trying on through our website. We can ship up to two gowns together in one shipment without any additional shipping costs.
-You will be charged a 50% refundable deposit on the sample gown, along with the cost to ship it. Shipping typically costs between $80.00 and $90.00 for US-based brides, and around $250.00 for international brides.
-We will ship the sample gown in your estimated size (based on the measurements you submitted with your order).
2. Receive and try on sample gown! At this time, you will have a "Virtual Fitting" via Skype or Facetime with one of our stylists.
-During this Virtual Fitting, our stylists are able to see you in the gown and offer suggestions on how to improve the fit. We offer complimentary adjustments to improve the fit of our gowns.
**All US-based brides will be provided with a mini iPad to complete the Virtual Fitting on**
3. After three days with the sample gown, you will ship it back to the Katie May showroom.
-If you decide to move forward with the gown, the 50% deposit will be used to confirm your order, and the cost of shipping will be refunded to you.
-If you decide to NOT move forward with the gown, the 50% deposit will be refunded to you. We will not refund shipping for brides who do not confirm their order.
4. Once the gown is confirmed, we will start production on your wedding gown. All of our gowns take between 3 & 4 months to produce. If you have a shorter timeframe, we do offer to rush production at an additional cost.
5. Prior to shipping your wedding gown, you will be charged the remaining 50% of your gown. Shipping for final gowns costs $25.00 for US-based brides, and around $125.00 for international brides.
6. Upon receiving your wedding gown, final adjustments will need to be completed by your tailor. No returns, exchanges, or refunds of your final gown.
Bridal Gown Terms of Purchase and Testing
- - Payment Terms: Katiemay.com sample gown payment covers both the 50% refundable deposit and the sample gown shipping to/from the customer. Final payment is based off of final invoice, not this web page pricing. Once a sample deposit is made, an estimated invoice will be provided for the entire purchase cost in case customer decides to move forward with the gown. UPS 2-Day shipping used for domestic samples to and from the customer. UPS Ground shipping used for all final gown shipments. Final 50% of payment will be charged prior to the final gown being shipped. A tax rate of 9% will be added for California customers.
- - Test Samples: Katie May will send customer a sample gown based on the measurements provided to Katie May. Katie May is not responsible for the measurements provided by brides. Sample gown size sent is based off of the measurements provided using our best judgement on estimated fit. Customer has 3 days to try on before you must ship the return. If samples are damaged or lost, customer is liable for the full price of a new sample. Damage includes stretched out (do not squeeze in if you do not fit), stained or discolored, broken, contains noticeable wear or odors (fragrance or body odor), or any other minor differences than when shipped. Do not let friends try on. Treat this sample as a new dress that needs to be returned in the same shape as purchased or else you will be responsible for a new dress.
- - Final Gown: KATIE MAY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FINAL GOWN AFTER SHIPMENT. Any alterations to the gown are done at your own risk. Katie May will not pay for any alterations to the final gown. No refunds, exchanges, or returns for the final gown. Katie May will do a thorough quality check prior to shipping the final gown. If you notice any problems (not fit related) with the gown upon arrival, you must inform us within 24 hours of receipt of the gown to discuss the problem.
- - Refund Terms: If you decide not to continue with the purchase of the gown, Katie May will refund you for the initial deposit minus the sample shipping and return cost, as long as the sample is returned in satisfactory condition. After final gown order is confirmed, absolutely no refunds of initial deposit. If you decide to not move forward after you have given us confirmation, but prior to shipping the final gown, you will not be charged for the final 50% payment, but your initial 50% deposit is non-refundable.
- - Shipping Terms: All domestic sample shipping is sent via UPS 2nd Day Air, and all international sample shipping is sent via UPS Worldwide Expedited. All shipping is sent “signature-required”. Customer pays all shipping (included in invoice) for both samples and gown. The final gown will be shipped via UPS Ground for domestic brides, and UPS Worldwide Expedited for international brides, unless otherwise requested. We will include a UPS returns label for shipping samples back to Katie May, which must be used so that we can charge for shipping and be aware of 3-day turnaround shipping.
- - International Brides: We do ship both sample and final gowns internationally to most countries around the world.
- - All international shipments are shipped via UPS Worldwide Expedited (usually 3-5 shipping days). Round trip costs are roughly $150 for Canadian brides and $250 for most other countries.
- - There may be customs tariffs on the delivery of the final gown. Katie May is not responsible for knowing or paying these tariff costs. Customer should research potential tariffs prior to purchasing final gown.